Wednesday, January 6, 2010

An Actual Widescreen Macbook Pro

I just bought a new Macbook Pro. It's great, nice processor, decent RAM, excellent product design, etc. And in a shift from my previously adamant 15" or larger screen size opinion, I picked up a 13" version. Why? Because the real reason for the bigger screen is so it will fit toolbars from Adobe products (photoshop, etc.), while still allowing for screen space to see the actual image I'm working on. But the dimensions of the 15" MBP don't really help with that. It's mostly a taller screen, not much wider than the 13" version. So, Apple, will you please make an actual widescreen 15" MBP? I'd totally pick one up. A large part of your usergroup are designers, and we'd all benefit from that wider screen. Plus, it's nicer for viewing movies, seeing more row width in Garageband, iMovie, Excel, etc. Oh, also - make the touchpad the dimensions of the screen as well - a little wider please.

No comments: