Friday, December 7, 2007

del.icio.us my Favorite Pictures

What I Want is to be able to save photos I like to a del.icio.us style bookmarking utility, that saves the link to the photos I like online, and is available from any computer with an internet connection. Why? I find cool pictures online all the time. Flickr, photoblogs, news sites, art sites, they're everywhere! So what do I do? Right now I have to create a folder on my desktop that I can drag pictures into, and use them as screensavers or desktop backgrounds. On my mac, the background changes every minute to display a new photo. If I could save these photos online, I could subscribe to an RSS feed of them to use as screensavers, desktop backgrounds (maybe), etc. Maybe my cell phone could update the background once an hour with a new image from my list. Plus, this would hopefully avoid copyright infringement, because it would only be saving the path to the photo - not the actual photo itself. As for HOW to save the exact photo - maybe right clicking would give a "save to..." option, or perhaps there could be an actual folder on my desktop that I could drag the photo into and it would send the info to my online photoRSS account. etc. etc., I'm sure there are plenty of good easy ways to make this happen.

2 comments:

Jason said...

ANSWERED:

ffffound.com

beta version for now, with invite only access (and I want one of those invites - so please pass along if you have a spare!).

I think this does MOST of what I wanted, maybe not all. But it's a great site.

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.